Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sunshine!


In the last couple of weeks we've had some beautiful weather (well.. we've had some yucky rain too! but that's beside the point!) It was so nice out that we were able to take Madisen on lots of walks... for the first time we decided not to have her sit in her carseat ( which fits on top of the stroller and keeps her facing backwards, towards us and facing up so she gets a great view of the sky)... instead Brendan thought she would have more fun if she could sit in the stroller like a big girl facing forward and sitting up... so she could see everything around her... well Daddy was right! Madi absolutely LOVES it! Her little head just keeps turning from side to side trying to take everything in... kids playing, cars going by, dogs barking, trees& the colors of all the flowers... she couldn't get enough of it! Well... that is until she fell asleep halfway through on a couple walks, I guess almost 4 mth olds can only take SO much in before having to rest!
Also, since it was so nice out I decided that Madisen and I would take a blanket out in the grass and sit in the sunshine (since she was born in Jan, this was really her first time being out in the warm sun!) But as you would expect any paranoid new mother to do... I smothered her in sunblock (I even covered her whole head with it! Since her little hair just doesn't cover enough!) but even after doing so I was worried that she was going to get a sunburn! So off to the shade we went! haha! I guess I'll just have to take baby steps... hopefully by the end of summer I'll be better! :)
This last weekend I decided it was time to have a mommies-only girls day... Madisen and I have pretty much been attached at the hip since she's was born so going somewhere without her was a bit difficult for me! But, while I went to play Bunco with the girls for a couple hours Madisen had a great time hanging out with her Dad. I was a little worried at first since Madisen has been a little moody lately but they both did great! They went for a couple walks and even ran into Grandpa along the way! (My dad lives just down the street from us) Brendan is such a good daddy :0)
This week it's been pretty rainy, but I'm looking forward to some more sunshine! Madisen was able to "help" me get some flowers planted ( which means she sat outside with me while I did all the work! geesh! babies!..lol) I am hoping we'll have the opportunity to plant more in the weeks to come!


1 comment:

  1. The first time I took Z out in the sun when he was a baby, I took TWO bottles of sunscreen, several hats and a blanket to shield him from the sun! While I've let go of some of those 'first time parent' things, this isn't one of them. Anything that involves health/safety brings out the crazy, paranoid OCD Mom in me. I have a feeling you'll be the same way. ;0)

    ReplyDelete