Monday, June 15, 2009

Rice Cereal, Peas & Squash! Oh my!

We finally decided it was time for Madi to give solid food another try! The last time she attempted it went.... so-so.... she wasn't quite sure what to do with the food once it was in her mouth.. so most of it ended up coming right back out... but a little over a month has gone by since then so we thought it was time to give it another shot!
Just a few days ago we made up some rice cereal for Madi and right from the first bite she was a pro! Instead of spitting the food back out, she ate it! Yay! We were so proud! It was pretty funny to watch her because she would sit in her highchair and wiggle, wiggle, wiggle until she saw the spoon close to her mouth, then she would stop, open her mouth & take a bite... then immediately went back to wiggling as she ate it! Too cute! So far she has tried...

rice cereal...

peas...

and now squash!

I think she likes the peas the best... but she eats them all with no problem. In fact now that she's gotten the hang of the spoon I have a hard time eating in front of her! Every bite I take she looks at me and opens her mouth like she's ready for her bite! (I guess it's good for my figure because I just can't get away with eating ice cream in front of her! It makes me feel bad!! haha!)
I think next we'll try green beans... I'm sure we'll have more messy-face pictures to add soon! :0)

OH!!One more thing!
It's official! Madi is getting teeth!!! We can see the little white tops of her two front bottom teeth coming in! She's been a little extra fussy lately & now we know why! Brendan spotted them just a couple days ago.... Can't wait to see them come in all the way! She's growing SO fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment